Tuesday, May 02, 2006

"A tranquil heart is life to the body, but passion is rotteness to the bones"

Proverbs 14:30
-
With so much going on in this stage of life, tranquility is not something that is easily attained. Not for me at least. My personality definitely weights in on the passionate side. I've always known this and made attempts to temper myself. Many, many prayers have gone up regarding this topic. After coming across this verse in Proverbs, I have been making it my motto/prayer.
-
Life at this point closely resembles a tornado and it would seem impossible to find any measure of tranquility. Seven children and all of their various activities and needs are enough to fill any plate not to mention extended family, our church fellowship and various homeschooling involvements. God has richly blessed us, there is no doubt.
-
I'm finding if I take opportunity, especially in the quiet moments, to let Him "lead me beside quiet waters" I find enough peace to carry me through.

No comments: