Tuesday, August 05, 2008

It's August Already???

Wow! Like always, the summer has flown past. I've actually been too busy to even think of blogging. Just keeping up with email has been a challenge, not to mention the garden! I've canned too-many-to-count pickles (bread & butter and dill) Also lots of jam - peach, blackberry, blueberry and strawberry. Now it's high gear for tomatoes (salsa & spaghetti sauce), peaches, and green beans!


Kezzi was gone for a month but is home now. She has been a dream come true. It's like having two of me working around the house. On her own, she sees what needs to be done and does it. "Mom, how about I tackle reorganizing the linen closet today?" It's wonderful!!! So many things are getting a deep clean and reorganization. It's a wonderful way to begin a new school year. I love it when I get to be the one saying, "You've done enough today. Take the rest of the day off!" She's decided to not worry about what she will do next and for now she plans to help me around here and work for her dad occasionally. She'll get no argument from me!


The boys and Hope have also been a huge help this summer. It's been my first experience with boys who are growing strong enough to tackle big jobs. They've grown up so much this past year. Luke has reached the benchmark of being taller than Kezzi, who's the shortest of the girls. It won't be long before he's passing me up.


Pris is getting ready to head to college in about two weeks. She already has her first assignment which is the reading of a book and a paper due upon arrival. It's going to be an adjustment around here for sure but I'm so excited for her!


Ford and I have been enjoying evening boating trips down the river. Last year he bought two rafts at Sam's and equipped them with batteries and trolling motors. We take about an hour and a half to go up river and then come back just before dark. It's been such a peaceful way to spend an evening. Much better than restaurants and movies!

Well, that's about as much time for an update as I can spare. I've got to get back to the kitchen! Hopefully, things will slow down soon and I'll have more time to write.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Yeah! An other post after what..... a month or more! lol
i just messin' w/ ya! The boat trips sound good! A gr8 way 4 just u two 2 spend some time together! what a good idea!
I will see u Wednesday!