Saturday, August 12, 2006

Trading Places

It's funny how some things in life reverse. I spent years shopping and choosing what my girls would wear. Now not only do I not choose their clothes, but they choose mine!
-
Mr.Potts took the boys camping this weekend, so I figured it was a good time to do the dreaded chore of shopping for some clothes for myself. I hate shopping. I always wish a box of just-what-I-need would show up at my door and it would involve no decisions on my part. I usually wander aimlessly through racks and racks of clothes and unless something jumps out and bites me on the nose (which is almost only the purple things), I pass through moaning about how I hate to shop. I asked the girls for some help and boy, did I get it.
-
AdventureQueen, true to her name and nature, only too willingly took charge over all of my purchases. I found myself asking her for permission to buy something. The answer was, "No Mom. That is hideous!"
-
Or I would say, "What about this?"
-
She would reply, "Don't you ever be caught dead in that!"
-
Then on the way home Tom pipes up, "Now that we have your clothes in order, we should think about your skin. You have nice skin and you should keep it that way. Are you washing and moisturizing your face every night?"
-
I'm thinking the next thing I know they will be making sure I've brushed my teeth!
-
Somehow I made it home with quite a few items that we both approved of. At least when I'm old and getting bossed around by my children all of the time, I will be well taken care of!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've reminded me that I need to have our bi-annual fashion show over here. Time to drag down the box of fall and winter hand-me-downs and decide what the eldest needs in her wardrobe. My youngest rarely needs anything, what with all the hand-me-downs!