This vacation has truly been what I had hoped for. Even though we've been pretty active, I've enjoyed a relaxed state of mind. Vacationing with my sister and her family is always so easy because we all enjoy being spontaneous and going with the flow.
Here are the little things that have made this vacation for me:
1. access to 24 hour news tv
2. a huge garden tub with jacuzzi jets that I can fill up any time I want to with no thought of the cost of all that hot water
3. listening to 24 hour news tv while I soak in the above described tub
4. eating the most delicious tuna steaks out at a fabulous restaurant and then finding a little market that sells the same kind of meat for us to grill on our own the next night
5. heading to the pool in the dark after everyone else is gone and swimming laps until I can't swim any more
6. having enough homemade bread to carry us through the week
7. having morning coffee with vanilla carmel brownie creamer while watching 24 hour news tv
8. having the constant company of an adorable and funny almost-two-year-old and a baby to cuddle at any time
9. seeing all kinds of local wildlife including dolphins twice this week
10. a suntan that was acquired effortlessly
We are heading out tomorrow, a day early, so we can stop and spend some time with some extended family on the way home. It's been wonderful but I'll enjoy getting home too.