Monday, September 17, 2007

My Girl is Back and So Are We

Pris got back Thursday but we had to wait until Saturday night to lay eyes on her since we were still gone on vacation. It was so good to see her! I missed her so very much. She had an amazingly good time and brought us all gifts. Annalise especially enjoyed her tales of buying things in the marketplace. She brought back a t-shirt for Ford and I got a purple vase, coffee and a mug from Amsterdam. The girls got necklaces and the boys got knives and Kenyan money. Annalise got a sweet little doll and candy. Hopefully she'll blog soon because she has lots of great stories.

We left the beach a day early to spend some time with our family in Charlotte. It was a nice time visiting with everyone. My sister-in-law, Caroline, was my hero! When I told her the only thing about the upcoming wedding I was dreading was finding something to wear, she offered to take me shopping the next morning. I hate shopping. My wonderful mother-in-law volunteered to take Caroline's son to his karate class so Caroline would be free. And wonder of wonders - I found a dress! And even better yet it was the first and only thing I tried on! So, I'm set. And I'm very grateful for great family!!!

1 comment:

Nathan L. said...

I'm thankful she had a good trip!