Tuesday, December 06, 2005

More on Handling Misunderstanding

It was very interesting that only hours after I typed the last post, Seeking Understanding, I was once again confronted with a situation of being misjudged. I should not get angry because I have done my share of misjudging situations. Even still, it is hard to quell that sense of injustice that rises up within me. Once again I went through the range of emotions from trying to harden myself off from caring to wanting to give up. Even after I had just typed that last entry! Luckily I had that fresh in my mind and it began working within me to bring good fruit.

After doing my best to calm myself and find the peace of God again I was looking for through my list of copywork verses for the children's schoolwork. I found myself in 1 Peter and some very familiar verses ministered to me once again.

"For this finds favor, if for the sake of conscience toward God a man bears up under sorrows when suffering unjustly. For what credit is there if, when you sin and are harshly treated, you endure it with patience? But if when you do what is right and suffer for it you patiently endure it, this finds favor with God. For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps, who committed no sin, nor was any deceit found in his mouth; and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously; and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed. " (1 Peter 2:19 - 20)

Then in 1 Peter 4:8 -

"Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins."
God must feel I need to practice this until I get it right the first time and these principles become my first response! I pray that won't take many more times!

3 comments:

tootlepip said...

Thank you for sharing your insights on being misjudged, we have recently gone through a situation like this and I needed your fresh perspective.

Lisa said...

Tootlepip,
I'm sorry you have been through a hard time. These kind of situations have been some of the hardest things in my life. I'm trying to look at it with God's perspective. Isn't it neat that bearing this kind of thing patiently actually finds *favor* with God?! And we are actually called for this purpose?!! Oh, it's so hard for me. I'm not a patient person at all! But I know that this kind of forgiveness is what the world (including the Church) so desperately needs to experience.

Anonymous said...

I am also one of those who finds herself often misunderstood. It has particularly caused some tension between my older brother and I, who used to be good friends. It hurts and it so frustrating! I find myself losing patience and thinking less of him for not "getting me." Thanks for ministering to me. I'll remember that scripture in the future.