Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Recommended Reading For Boys

The Common Room has a post listing good books for boys. I have relied on the Headmistress for years for book recommendations and have always been so grateful for her help. She has been one of the few I could turn to who had children older than mine. Thanks to them, my children have not had to be the guinea pigs every time.

To her list, we will add a few more titles that our boys have really enjoyed:

Pinocchio - the original version, NOT Disney's
Peter Pan - ditto above
books by Patricia St. John - get the older unabridged versions
Where the Red Fern Grows
The Princess and the Goblin (don't let the title fool you!)
The Story of Dr. Doolittle

If we think of any others, we will add an update later.

3 comments:

Headmistress, zookeeper said...

Oooh, good choices, all!

Anonymous said...

uh oh, the link to The Common Room isn't working. Is this just me, or what?

Lisa said...

Argh! I thought I checked that this time. Hopefully it's fixed now.

You should bookmark their blog, it's always good reading! :)