Friday, December 29, 2006

Zoology 2

This week we were set to begin our study of "swimming creatures" with Apologia's Zoology 2 book. I printed off all of the notebook pages yesterday and got each boys notebook all ready. They designed and colored the cover to their notebooks. How cool is it that a young man from church offered to take SmokeyBear and whoever else wanted to go to Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg today!!! Mr. Potts and Tigger went along too. What great inspiration as we begin this study. Isn't it great when something unplanned comes together like that?! And in addition we are going to have an opportunity to spend some time on the Florida coast in January and again, when we will probably be at the end of our study, in September to the South Carolina coast. Maybe I'll even make use of my new watercolors while studying marine life and attempt to discover some deeply hidden talent that seems so abundant in my children.
-
I love life science - just don't force me to learn about electricity, magnets, sound, inertia or anything like that. Yuk. Mr. Potts can handle that department.

No comments: