Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with more food than I have ever seen in one house! It was the longest I have ever seen everyone stay and hang out together. I couldn't begin to list all of the food. Since I'm not much of a traditional Thanksgiving food lover, I really appreciated my niece's husband making some of his family's favorites, like beef tenderloin with horseradish sauce! The girls got involved in a fun poker game with their cousins and we could barely drag them away. It was a lot of fun and everything was perfect.
-
The hosts invited a neat family from South Africa and I had a nice time talking to them. They had never celebrated Thanksgiving and had only seen it celebrated on films so they felt like they were on a movie set. Since they were considering homeschooling, I got my fix by giving my views on that and encouraging them with all of the wonderful benefits of home life. My kids say it gives me more of a rush than coffee does.
-
The day after we went to a exotic animal drive thru ranch where the animals come up and eat out of the purchased buckets of feed. Ostriches, emu, pot-bellied pigs, water buffalo and other various types of deer and cattle-like animals were everywhere. Some of them were a little aggressive. Others were quite gentle but slobbered all over the truck windows and sides. We had about ten people in the back of the pick-up truck but I stayed out-of-reach inside the cab. TheLittlestPrincess loves animals but was a little intimidated when an emu poked his head inside at her and she decided to keep her hand on the button that rolls the window up.
-
Saturday Mr. Potts and I went for a walk down to the creek and relaxed on the sandy bank. We saw many signs of deer and some raccoon tracks. It was a beautiful day.
-
Our stay was so nice that even my two home bodies, Bookworm and LittlestPrincess, were not ready to come home.

1 comment:

Beck's Bounty said...

Glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving afterall, complete with improved health. God Bless.