Monday, January 15, 2007

A Lot To Pray About

We are home now. I haven't had a chance to finish the last post from our vacation because a lot has been going on. We had a nice surprise of some out-of-town family coming to town so we spent some time with them the day after we got home.

But then Sunday we came home from church and we couldn't find the new puppy. She always stays close and hangs out with the beagles so we were immediately concerned. Mr. Potts and SmokeyBear drove around the neighborhood looking. My mom came over, worried about it to. She had the idea to check in the pool, hoping she had not fallen in and that is where she was found, drowned. We were all very upset, to put it mildly. I felt depression clinging to me all night.

Mr. Potts immediately drained the pool and plans to tear it down. He had never had the chance to finish the railing and there was one spot where it could be accessed. I had blocked that off at one time but somehow it was open again. Before it was a child that ended up there, we decided to get rid of it thinking maybe in the future we would put it up if we could immediately put up a new deck and gate so that it would be fool-proof. SmokeyBear seems to be doing ok today. Mr. Potts promised to get him another pup.

Then today I got news that my old friend/neighbor/midwife had a car accident today and is in the hospital. I don't know much more than that except some kind of bad head injury and possibly a broken shoulder bone. We are waiting on more news and praying in the meantime.

While that was happening my sister is taking 4 week old baby Joseph to the doctor because he has a bad cough. In fact, she had to detour around the accident scene to go to town and she said she told Kezzi, who went with her, that she hoped it was not someone we knew. She just called me and said he has RSV and they are running some blood tests and xrays. So we are waiting to see if they need to admit him.

PearlKeeper and I were talking this afternoon about how strange we felt while we were out driving, seperately, last night. I guess loosing Tinsel was just the reminder of how fragile life is and it made us feel vulnerable. We both had feelings of concern about having a car accident and then hearing about our neighbor today. It just feels a little weird.

So, needless to say, I haven't been up to blogging about the rest of our trip. I will be spending the rest of the afternoon praying and trying to prepare for our CM/homeschool meeting tonight.

**Update: News on the neighbor is good. She's home and going to be ok. My sister is taking her baby to the Children's hospital right now just to be on the safe side. He seems perfectly fine until he coughs and then it is a little scary. It is hard to wait it out at home when they are so tiny so she's taking him in. We'll all be pitching in, helping with the kids until she's home again.

***2nd Update: Joseph was sent home from the hospital last night. He was not bad enough to be admitted. Yeah!


Anonymous said...

May God bless you all with His peace, comfort, strength and wisdom during these difficult times.

tootlepip said...

All I can say is Oh MY! May you feel God's comfort at this time. I am so sorry all this happened.

Sherri said...

This is my first time to post on your Blog, so I will introduce myself.
I am Sherri...homeschooling mom to three children (11, 8 and 7). This is our second year to homeschool. I pulled my children out of public school at the beginning of last year. It has changed our lives.
I am so sorry about your precious puppy. I can't imagine if that happened to our little Ginger(Yorkie). She is part of our family...we love her so much. My heart hurts for you.
I'm glad you had good news on your friend and the little baby. My son developed RSV when he was 6 weeks was scary!
I hope you don't mind if I hang out at your Blog some. It's nice to "meet" you!

MamaLion said...

Thank you all for your comforting words. Sherri, please do hang out. And please comment whenever you like. We love comments. It's just nice to know who's out there.